of duckies and froggies...

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 02, 2008

of :( and :( ...

Wah…. Today seems like a very black day for me.
Per plan, I wass supposed to take a day off today because I applied for leave last month but have to go to work on that day. So I was supposed to take Sophie for her Chicken pox jab and then bring wifey’s car for polish and wax.

But…

Last night I got a call from my boss that I might need to go to China to help out with a factory issue. But when I check my passport, I found out that it has expired, so that means I have to go to the immigration department in the morning to get it done. So mah have to tell the babysitter that we will not be taking Sophie to the Hospital tomorrow lo.

But this morning, on my way down to the immigration department, got a call from my boss that his boss did not approve the travel. So no point in wasting 300 linggit if not going.
Turn back after reach the immigration department. Called my mom to tell her of the change of plans (she was originally supposed to go to the hospital with Sophie and me).
But when I got home, our babysitter have taken her out to the market and while waiting I got a phone call from work (a long one I might add). But when the babusitter got back, I was still on the phone and then my mom arrived and start asking about taking Sophie. Obviously the babysitter got confused because I have not tole her about the change of plans But luckily I managed to sort it out (aiyoyo)

Sophie was in her joyful mood at the hospital. Even when Seeing Dr Hasanah she was in a happy mood. Then the interesting part came. When it was time for her jab, She just look at the needle. She even look when Dr jabbed her and she didn’t even cry, not even a shriek or squeal. Just a curious look and a slight flinch when the needle came out. I am not sure if it is a case of high tolerance to pain or just a heightened curiosityu that overcame the pain that she kinda forgot to cry. But one thig for sure is that I am terribly proud of my girl!.

Anyway, back to black black day. So after the doctor’s appointment, I checked my mail and found that I had to call in for a meeting. I have been running around the whole morning that I did not even had time for breakfast and now have to call in to meeting pulak. Halfway through the meeting, my house’s cordless phone ran out of battery pulak, so have to call in from handphone. Meeting ended at 12.30 but by then I have pretty much have to go back to work because have go back to office for another meeting at 2pm. Went down to the hawker for a quick lunch. But that prove to be another frustration becase the guy I ordered drinks from took sooooo long that even after I finished eating, he still have not brought the drink. Cannot wait, so I went to him and told him I want to tap au, but the guy who was supposed to tap au also took so long that I just left.
Then another big bummer, when I whent to the car, I saw that someone have scratched the bumper. Must be when trying to get out of the parking…. Aiyoyoyoyoyo

So when got to the office, thought that I might just relax a bit and make some popcorn in the office microwave. But that one also got screwed because halfway thru, my department admin came over and talk and talk and talk until I forgot about the popcorn and it got burnt. Haiyoooo popcorn also can get burnt…

But fortunately after about 3 hours of frustrating meeting (calling in to a bunch of folks in china who have a factory issue but won’t listen to good suggestions), I guess the black-ness ended, because no more unfortunate things happen and I get to go back to pick up Sophie. So now it’s 11.20 pm and nearing the end of the day, If you ask me did I have a good day, I’ll probably say yeah, because I am the proud daddy of little girl who look at fear (in this case needle) in the eye and did not even shed a tear.

Labels: