of duckies and froggies...

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 06, 2006

Meet the parents!

Somehow, it seems like an omen or something that the news of baby came the way it did. Seems like that july weekend was just made for this. The initial news came on Friday, lab test on Saturday and lo and behold, Monday is a replacement holiday for the Penang Governor’s birthday. So timing is just right for our first visit to the Gyne.
The gynae that we went to was recommended by my SIL. Really interesting guy. Some how his commanding voice and the way he speaks puts us on ease. Anyway, on to the exam table and ultrasound. And that’s when it happened, the very first meeting with the little person that will be my kid. The little person that I will pour all my love to (and then if there are any left, I will distribute it evenly amongst you all). That very person who will grow up and kick whoever’s ass who has the gonads to try to mess with me. The very little person who I will hold up high in front of all my possessions (my camera, 2 bikes and a few books) and proclaim “one day, all these will be yours” *cue to that scene in the lion king*
But in all those mindless thoughts, that very moment that I saw baby, a sense of awe engulfed me. Seeing the little tiny figure surrounded by that round thing that is suppose to protect her*. Seeing the tiny heat beat bub, bub ,bub….. The feeling is just pure awe. It is as though some mad scientist working in their tiny back alley ramshackle hut somewhere have managed to filtered and distilled all the joyous human emotions into some magical potion and IV’ed it into my bloodstream. That happyish giddy joyful unexplainable feeling. That feeling that Forrest Gump must have felt when he saw that girl's boobs in that scene in the room. I’m in la la land….
Then, the doctor (like all good doctors do) goes on to explain about the round thing surrounding baby, size and this and that. For a souvenir (in which the cost will be included into the bill later) the good doctor also printed a photo of the scan. Baby’s very first Portrait!

Labels: ,