of duckies and froggies...

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 26, 2006

of bumper holidays and slippery things on the bathroom floor...

It’s Thursday today and I’m back at the office after the long Deepavali and Hari Raya bumper celebration. Good thing is that most of the folks in the office took today and Friday off which leaves the office relatively quiet.

Anyway, Wifey and I didn’t get to do much throughout the long break. I guess the continuing haze pretty much limited any outdoor activities. I have been planning to go out hiking or at least a walk or two around youth park but the weather (haze) does not seem to agree with that plan.
Wifey and I managed to catch a movie though. It’s been ages since we went out for a movie and I couldn’t even remember what was the last movie that we watched. We went for the morning show (Open Season) at Gurney. The show was just so so. I mean, it’s good but nothing to really shout about.
Other than that, most of the weekend was spent walking around the house (as wifey calls it), naps and occasional TV shows on astro.

I read somewhere that during pregnancy, a woman will get the nesting instinct and will be inclined to do things around the house. I wonder if this is also true for the father to be. I never really thought much about it. I guess it’s one of those things that you don’t consciously think about it until it hits you. I am not sure if it is a subconscious act of the instinct itself but I think I had that moment. It started with me on the throne (as most great things do) and I noticed that the bathroom floor is getting a bit slippery (probably due to soap and those bathroom-slippery-things). So, that started the bathroom floor scouring. After that is done and bathroom floor is clean, it’s the bedroom fan’s turn. (actually it is not so much of a bedroom fan that needs cleaning, but more to needing to cool down a bit after the bathroom episode and it seems a bit dusty). So I dismantled the fan, took them out to the balcony and got the vacumn out. After vacuuming, I thought that I might as well clean the filter bag now that I have the vacuum out. Then I thought that since I have been walking in and of the balcony thru the living room, I misght as well take the living room carpet out for a whack or two. So out goes the carpet for some whacking and airing. Then I thought (again!) that since I have gotten dust all over I might as well clean the balcony door, windows and glass panel. So out comes the old newspaper and the glass cleaning solution thingy. (I think I should just close my eyes the next time I’m on the throne, else one thing will lead to another again.) Anyway, by the time the windows were done, wifey woke up (She went to sleep in the middle of all the hoolabaloo). And noticed that I have hung up the carpet.

Wifey: wah! You hang up the carpet ah?
Me : Ya Loh.
Wifey: you got close your nose when you whack it or not? Afterwards you’ll sneeze again.
Me : No wor. But did you notice anything about the windows or not?
Wifey: Notice what?
Me : I clean the windows and glass panels. Haiyoh, like this also dun notice ah…
Wifey: aiyah, I didn’t wear spec mah, and just woke up only mah….
Me: hehe good save….

Labels: ,