of duckies and froggies...

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 07, 2007

of jabs and 3 months...

Sue Yi is 3 months today and we celebrated it by taking her to the govt. clinic for her monthly jab (note to Sue Yi, no lah, we are not that sadistic, it’s just the timing of the jabs la)
Anyway, it seems like only yesterday that Sue Yi was born and with a blink of an eye she is now 3 months old. An interesting thing happened at the clinic today. When we went to see the nurse, they got all excited. They keep mentioning “Eric, Eric”, “Eric Datang”, “Eric, Kasi sofa sebiji boleh ka?”. They even called the nurses from other rooms to come over and see. Interestingly the commotion was centered around me. The thing is, I bear a resemblance to that guy from Casa Impian, Eric Leong. Although not related, I must say that he really does look quite a bit like me and I have been mistaken for him before. Anyway, I explained that I am not that guy and made some small talk out of that. By far, this morning’s commotion was the biggest thus far. Maybe time, I should play along and see if I can weasel out a free meal or two.

Back to the clinic visit, the jab was quite uneventful. I guess we kinda know what to expect from our experience during our first visit. The nurse asked us to hold Sue Yi down and Sue Yi being her (dislikes being held down) protested and cried. And she continued crying through out the jab, but calmed down within 5 minutes or so. Wifey did pretty well too as she manage to hold back her tears. Me? I was the cold hearted, non-feeling dad, business as usual dad. It hurt to see Sue Yi cry, but I guess being the practical engineering minded person, I rationalized that it’s for her good and it did not bothered me.

Some updates:
We have a new nickname for Sue Yi. “The Empress”. The origins should be pretty obvious, but I think is started when I told wifey that now that Sue Yi is here she have overthrown wifey as the empress.
Sue Yi is growing to be quite the PR person. Whenever we have visitors or when she sees someone new, she will give out her best smile, coo and make all the baby sounds which will draw comments like “oooh how cute”, “So crever” etc. Seems like everyone is her friend. Then people will tell us that “wah you so lucky, you baby so behaved” but in the back of wifey’s and my mind, we will be thinking “wait till you experience her atomic-red-faced-pressure-cooker-high-octave cries”
She is getting to be quite chatty too. When her mood is right, she will respond with her ‘coo’, ‘aa goo’, and whatever in her bag of tricks of baby sounds. This can be a lot of fun but sometimes she like to talk even when we are trying to feed her. As if she is excited to tell us about something or maybe trying to tell us how crappy the milk taste. Every evening when we bring her back from the sitter’s place, she will talk and talk and talk. I guess she must be telling us about her day.
Other than her vigorous kicking, she is now developing the habit of trying to lift up her head when we lie her down. She will try so hard until her face will turn read and you can see the stress on her face. We are not sure if it is good or not but she sure look funny when she does that until she fell on her side and can’t get turn back.

Sue Yi and her sleeping buddy

Labels: