of duckies and froggies...

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 07, 2007

of busy and updates...

I have been busy for obvious reasons, so here is a potpourri of updates.
Wifey and I went for our last appointment with Dr Tan last Monday. It’s a normal standard checkup and wifey is Dr Tan said that everything is ok. So I guess that means that We have reach a milestone of sorts i.e., the end of wifey’s pregnancy phase. Something interesting that I heard from Dr Tan is that we have to be careful as the first 6 months, wifey will be very fertile else we will be seeing him sooner that we think. I find the word fertile interesting because I always associate it with agriculture and that sort of thing. So having it used in this context is kinda new to me. Something ran thru my mind was that, does he mean that if I get a changkul and throw in a mango seed, I can expect a mango tree to grow out of wifey in a few weeks?

Leader and Isaac’s mommy (my friends from work) came and visit Sue Yi today. I must say that Sue Yi is such a pretender. She behaved so well, smiled on cue and coo and make all the right baby moves at all the right time. She did it so well that they commented that she is so behaved. Im my mind, I was just thinking “just you wait until she starts crying in the evening and let me hear your opinion again”. In any case I guess probably Sue Yi has her PR skills in good shape.

Today I logged in and checked my bank account and I am proud to announce that my apartment is all mine now. I have finally fully cleared my house loan. It’s such big burden lifted off my shoulder. Something akin to that first bowel movement after a few days of constipation. It’s as if something have been taken off from me and I am now free. This reminds me to an IM conversation I had with Zowiy a few years ago. I was telling her jokingly that I will be bankrupt after my wedding as there are so many things that needs money. Her respond was pretty interesting. She mentioned that “Tak tau kenapa, tapi biasanya orang lepas kahwin atau lepas beranak, rezeki depa akan datang.” I don’t quite believe her at that time but ir seems to work out that way for me. I can’t say that after our wedding I got suddenly rich, but somehow or another, things seems to work itself out. Then I was chatting with her again the other day on the cost of having a baby, and I was reminded of that phrase. Again I wouldn’t say that I hit jackpot or anything, but it seems like things will work out too. I got a little bit of raise in salary starting this month and now the house loan is cleared. So my advise to all is that if you want it made, go get married and have a kid (or maybe two). I can’t guarantee that you will be rich financially, but I am pretty sure you will be rich emotionally.

Labels: ,