of duckies and froggies...

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

of fingernails and cannot tahan...

Looks like my blog entries are now beginning to slow down, but I guess probably that is pretty much expected. In any case it does not mean that there are no updates on what’s been happening.
We* tried to cut Sue Yi’s finger nails last Saturday. We have noticed that her nails are getting longer and longer and quite pointy too. Sue Yi also has the habit (I guess like all babies) of scratching her face and also grabbing to us when we feed her. So the long fingernails is becoming an issue as she will easily scratch her face. Now we don’t want her to grow up with scarred face, do we?
So after cannot tahan anymore, we* decided that something had to be done and we* took the nail clipper and do it. First to go is the thumbnail on her right hand. Wifey distracted her while I went in for the cut. Prior to this I have did her left hand without incident, so I was feeling a bit cocky confident. But on the very first cut, she suddenly cried. Then I saw it, I have accidentally cut into a bit of her thumb and it is beginning to bleed. My heart just broke into pieces and Sue Yi just blasted out her pain through the most heart wrenching cry. Her thumb bled quite a bit and she was gripping it tightly. After what seemed like an eternity, she calmed down and went back to sleep. Shaken, both wifey and I vowed not to cut her nails again. Sue Yi can attempt to put herself in the Guiness book of world record for having the longest fingernails and we’ll support her. She will be famous and we will write her biography and we will retire as millionaires…

Labels: ,