of duckies and froggies...

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

of blog updates and crying... ...and crying...

Michelle from mybabybay visited me with her family yesterday evening. So I guess she will be the first blogger who visited my home. Well, actually, wifey and I have met her before. I mean how could we not as she is my SIL. Technicalities aside, in our conversation she brought up that there were no new entries in my blog for some time already. My first thought was ”Blog? What blog? I have been so busy these past few days that I did not have time to even think of anything else” Then I realize that probably I have an obligation to update my legions of 3 or maybe 4 readers out there.

So, what have I been so busy with lately? Well for one Sue Yi is (like what those rapper folks will say) ‘in da house’. Yup, you read right. Wifey and Sue Yi’s stint at the confinement house ended last Saturday and they with me in ‘da house’. No more lonely nights missing wifey and Sue Yi, drinking copious amount of CNY beer to get to sleep, no more hearing that creepy sound of silence in the middle of the night, no more wild parties while wifey is away and most of all no more of that feeling that the house is just an empty shell.

The ride home on Saturday was actually quite uneventful, wifey’s mom decided to follow us home too to make sure that we are able to cope (which is a good thing as you can read later). Sue Yi was still asleep when we got home and things seem to be moving along well. We put her on the crib/playpen and let her sleep for a while. After what seemed like a nanosecond, she woke up and cried. And CRIED she did! I guess the experience in a new environment must be pretty dramatic for her. And she cried or rather she wailed. Fed her some milk and she was quiet for a while and I guess she stopped just because there is something in her mouth but I can bet you that if she can cry and drink at the same time, she will do that. After finished milk, again she cried. Oh yeah, did I mentioned that she cried? Anyway, after multiple attempts and ideas to stop her, we decided to take drastic action. We brought out the swinging thingy (someone, pls help tell me what is the proper name for that). I quickly assembled it and we put her in there. Seemed to work and she stopped crying…. For a while…. And when she woke up, more crying.

Anyway, that was a pretty much what we did the whole weekend plus Monday. I guess Sue Yi just need some time to adjust herself to the new environment. Plus the fact that she still seem to have a hard time to burp, and when she does, it comes out quite loud and sometimes a bit violent which in turn make her uncomfortable again. We suspect that probably it is also due to the bottle or the technique we used to either burp or feed her that aggravated her gassy condition.

I called Michelle (for consultation J) Monday night and she told me that is it pretty normal and that doctors can prescribe some anti-colic medicine for that. That gave us a bit of comfort because as parents for the first time, everything seemed to be amplified by multiple of millions. Hearing someone telling us that it’s normal does make us feel that we are probably not doing anything wrong. She also gave us some tips on bottles and pacifiers so probably this weekend will need to do some shopping.
Yesterday, we decided to take Sue Yi to see Dr. Hasanah anyway. I was pretty lucky to have a boss who is understanding of my situation as his wife also just delivered in December, so I managed to call him and get an emergency leave (at ~11.30pm).
According to Dr, colic is pretty normal, she checked on Sue Yi but mentioned that her tummy was ok and that colic is pretty normal and will last for a few months. So looks like we will have to toughen up for the long haul. She prescribed some anti colic medicine for the condition.
Sue Yi still cries (at times up to 2 plus hours) but at least we are not as paranoid as last weekend. Wifey has also finally manage to get some sleep in between pockets of peacefulness (non crying hours). So do pray for us for strength but most of all pray for Sue Yi as she adjust to this new environment.

Oh yea, did I mention that I can now really call my house a home because the 2 important people in my life are there.

Sue Yi, do understand that these moments of uncomfortableness are only temporary and mommy and daddy is doing our best to get you suited. If that fails, we’ll just record your crying and play it out loud on your sixteenth birthday….nah… just kidding… in due time probably you’ll know that your mommy and daddy are capable of more creative ways to embarrass you…

Labels: ,