of duckies and froggies...

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

of scare and gas...

Sue Yi gave wifey a bit of a scare tonight. She have been a bit gassy for the past couple of days and have been feeling uncomfortable lately. When I visited wifey this evening, she was telling me about how Sue Yi have been crying in the morning and having gas issue. Based on recommendations they gave her some Chinese medicine which relieved her a bit. She looks better when I went over to see her this evening but still squirming as usual. When it was time for wifey’s supper we pushed her back to nursery and since she is starting to cry wifey asked them to check if she had just poot pooted.
After supper we wend down to check on her again, she seems more comfortable now, but still not sleeping. Since she’s awake we asked for her so that we can talk to her a bit. But then, she started to squirm and stretch uncomfortably again. And there was when it came, Sue Yi threw up the milk in her tummy. It looks pretty severe as the milk shot out from her mouth sort of like water from a hose. Wifey gave a scream and Sue Yi threw up the rest of the milk, this time some even came out thru her nose. Wifey was shocked and quickly picked Sue Yi up from the crib. The people in the nursery also came out and helped wifey. They quickly took Sue Yi back to the nursery and cleaned her up.
Some of the mommies who were hanging around the area told wifey that it’s pretty ok and tried to calm her down. Then only I realized how big of a shock it was for wifey when I saw her eyes were red and she had tears. I am not sure which breaks my heart more, seeing Sue Yi in such discomfort or wifey shedding tears. Wifey said that I didn’t really panicked during the whole situation and according to wifey later was pretty cool. I don’t think it’s because of not being shocked easily or anything (in fact I get shocked easily) or anything like that. Probably the main reason is that I was probably too slow to comprehend the situation and reacted too slowly. One thing is that I do feel a bit scared just now, but I did not show it to wifey. I figured that I must let wifey see me as she is shaken up and need my support. I guess that’s how we are in our relationship, when one is angry the other will be calm or when one is bored, the other will un-bore the situation or when one is being chicken shit, the other will toughen up.
I think probably a baby throwing up her milk is a common thing, but I guess when it is your first time seeing and it is your precious who is going through it, the emotions gets amplified by tens of thousands of times. Anyway, the folks at the nursery are really experts in their work as the managed to clean Sue Yi up and calm her down is no time. She was already halfway into dreamland when I left.
Sometimes we do see people who seem to be so protective of their child. Cannot touch this and that, cannot play this and that, if fall down will panick like no tomorrow. I used to think that these people are just being anal but after tonight, I am beginning to see from their side of the fence. I guess when it’s your child, your own flesh and blood, you will want them to have the best that you can offer and keep them away from even the tiniest ant that might harm her. I just hope that I don’t become an anal retentive jerk in doing so.

Labels: ,