of duckies and froggies...

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 22, 2007

of sleep and 'poot!'...

Wow! Time really flies when you are running around doing stuff. Quick check on the blog and I realized that the last entry was on Saturday. I guess with Sue Yi here, I will have less time for the computer. Not that I am complaining.
Sue Yi is doing well. She is no longer yellowish and the fairness of her skin is really showing. She sleeps a lot and I mean a lot. I can say that 9 out of 10 times that I visited her, she will be sleeping. Another good thing that I notice too is that she can sleep through noises from the surrounding. I am not sure if this will stay but I do hope that it does so that she gets lots of good sleep. Sometimes when we are feeding her, she can even fall asleep with the teat in her mouth!
The scar on her scalp (from the vacumn procedure) is healing well and the dead skin is drying up nicely. The folks at the confinement house even kept some of the dead skin that fell off and asked us if we wanted to keep them! The thrush thingy is also gone so everything looks fine.

One thing though, it seem a bit hard to get her to burp. She needs a lot of patting on her back to get her to burp and sometimes she won’t even burp. Probably the gases needs a longer time to work it’s way through. Normally, she will fall asleep immediately after (or during) meals and it will take a while for the gases to work it’s way through. She will be sleeping peacefully one minute and then wince, squirm, frown and stretch then burp. Sometimes the gases will come out through the other end and if the peace and quiet of the nursery area you’ll hear a ‘poot!’.

Wifey is doing fine in the confinement house and making some friends there. I guess it’s good too so that she will not feel too bored. I think after about 2 weeks eating all the confinement food, she’s beginning to get bored because almost every mean it will be ginger or sesame seed oil. I guess once in a while, it’s ok, but when it is every meal and every day, it’ll get a bit tiring.

Chinese new year came and went as usual. First day was taking my parents to visit relatives and distributing ang pows. The good thing about this year is that it’s no longer a total loss business for us this year as we can gain back some ‘income’ i.e. Sue Yi’s ang pows. One thing to note though is that lots of folks commented on the nice ang pows that I gave out. Actually, I think the credit goes to wifey as she has the foresight to get the ang pows, change money and pack them way way before anyone else.

I still have not opened up Sue Yi’s ang pows. I guess I’ll just hold on and wait until wifey comes back so that we can do proper accounting of our ‘income’. I think most probably we’ll open an account on Sue Yi’s behalf and dump all her money in there.

Labels: