of duckies and froggies...

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 11, 2007

of standing ovations and no memory of pain...

Some updates.
Sue Yi is back at the hospital due to jaundice. Dr. Tan told wifey on Friday morning that Sue is a bit yellowish but Dr Hasanah (Paed) discharged her anyway as Sue still look OK at that time. When the govt nurse visited wifey and Sue Yi at the confinement house she said that Sue Yi is a bit yellow and probably should send to the hospital ‘bagi kasi lampu’. But she also mentioned to leave her at the confinement home for the night and see what happens. Saturday morning, she still look yellowish and we immediately decided to bring her back to the hospital to be checked by Dr Hasanah. I must say that the confinement house folks really know their stuff. When they heard that we are going to take Sue Yi to the hospital, they fed her, changed nappies, and dressed her up. They even packed a bag with extra nappies and 3 servings of milk powder.
I guess Sue Yi is a bit cheeky, while waiting for Dr at the hospital, she farted a few times right there into my palm! Initially I thought she poot poot’ed but turned out to be just gas.
Anyway, Dr took blood samples from her (a most excruciatingly painful experience for wifey and I) and later mentioned that she have to be admitted. So back to the nursery we went. By the time we were done, it’s already 1pm plus and we had to send wifey back to the confinement house. Later that night when I was chatting with wifey, we both talked about how it felt strange to have Sue Yi at the hospital. It feels really odd to have us there (at the confinement house) and Sue Yi far away at the hospital. Although, brain tells us that she is in good hands, the heart still worries for her.
I visited Sue Yi at the nursery before going to see wifey in the evening. She looks less yellowish. I timed my visit so that it will be feeding time for her when I get there so that she don’t have to be disturbed. Unfortunately, she woke up early and the nurse is already about to finish feeding her. I held and cuddled her for about 30 mins checking her head (vacuum mark) and everything else I can check. I am also beginning to learn of her responses to touched at different places. She also did something funny, while in my arms she tried to snuggle her head near my armpit and opened her mouth as if she is trying to suckle. I am not sure what she is trying to do but she seem to have developed an liking for my armpit. She did that earlier in the day while waiting for Dr. Hasanah and she did it again that evening. Probably she is trying to imprint my scent.
I’ll be visiting her again today. Let’s hope that she recovers well and can be discharged so that she can be with wifey. I really cannot get used to the idea of having her there away from us at the hospital.


Tim and Emily were co cute and cheeky. They visited wifey after we delivered Sue Yi. When wifey were wheeled from the labor room to the ward, they stood on attention and clapped for wifey. A standing ovation! Tim even instructed me and my mom to clap! The nurse also mentioned to wifey that she’s a celebrity.


Wifey told me something very profound while we were in the ward before she was discharged. Se mentioned that although God make you feel pain during delivery, He will also take it away and also erase the memory of the pain. She said that she can’t remember the pain and how it feels like. She can just remember that there is great pain but that’s all, no memories of the pain itself. I wonder if other mothers also have that experience.

Wifey had to change room at the confinement house yesterday. She was initially put into a room together with another mommy in a person room, but the other mommy kept asking wifey why the people at the confinement house did not open up a new room for her. Not once but every time she sees wifey. So wifey got pissed and told the people at the confinement house to be put into another room with 2 other mommies. I mean if she is not welcomed in that room, then why stay.
Anyway, it worked out better for wifey. In the 3 person room, one is a new mother who came in at the same time as wifey while another is a 3rd time mommy (the pro) who is nearing the end of her confinement. The pro is very helpful and informative. According to wifey, she shared and taught them a lot of good knowledge. So I guess it turnout to be a blessing for wifey.

Labels: , ,