of duckies and froggies...

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

of not admitting and giving a break...

Since wifey is now working from home, I have been taking the car and driving to for the past week or so. Today’s drive to work was like any other day except for the fact that it was punctuated with a shouting match* right about halfway through my drive.

I was at the traffic lights crossing in front of what used to be the Eastern Garment factory and was stuck in the left turn lane due to the jam in front. Then this bas kilang came from the outer lane and tried to squeeze into the same lane (which is only able to fit one car’s width) and tried to overtake me. At that time I knew that if he doesn’t stop, he will definitely come into contact with my car and honked at him. But he still moved on. As it is a long bus and has a bigger turning radius, the side of the bus came into contact with my car’s rear view mirror. They guy kept moving and it scratched the rear view mirror all the way thru. And the guy kept moving as if nothing had happened. I quickly over take him and blocked his path and shouted at him ‘Sudah kena la!’. He looked surprised and said to stop somewhere down the road. But as he moved, he almost caused an accident with another taxi, which in turn caused the taxi guy to drive up to him and scolded him. Taxi guy seem a bit more unforgiving as he stopped in the middle of the road and scolded this bus driver right in there and blocked everyone. The scolding went on for ~2-3 minutes (which is pretty long considering that they are blocking rush hour traffic).
After the scolding, the bus driver drove to somewhere to the front and parked at the side of the road to wait for me. I approached him
Me: Sekarang macam mana? (although I was pretty incensed, I started off with a normal tone to see what his response is)
Driver: La.. tak kena la (this really started it all. I hate it when people do not admit and try to lie their way out)
Me: Apa tak kena? You tak nampak kah ini? *points to the spot when my car came into contact*
Driver: Ini you kena lama punya la. (salt+wound)
Me: Apa lama punya? Ini you lah yang kena! Mai saya tunjuk mana bas you kena. *brought him to his bus and showed the long scratch on his bus caused by the contact*
At this point the guy knew that there is no way of getting out of it.

Me: you sudah tau itu corner kecik you nak masuk lagi. Kita hon sama you, you pun masuk lagi. Sekarang you nak cakap tak kena?
Driver: OK la, sekarang macam ini. Saya betul betul minta maaf la. Memang salah saya. Saya suday lambat nak hantar. (His bus was loaded with factory workers, from the uniform I guess must be from the Sanyo company nearby)
Me: Ooh you ingat buat salah boleh senang senang minta maaf ka. You ingat you lambat, I pun lambat jugak. so buat salah langgar orang senang senang boleh mintak maaf ka.
Driver: ok la, lain kali I tak buat lagi.
Me: mana ada lain kali. You ingat nak buat lagi ka. Lain kali i nampak ini PBH4040 i sudah tau la auta punya driver.
Driver: Sorry la encik.

Anyway, the guy keep apologizing and I kept shouting at him. But in my heart I knew that there is nothing much I can do. The scratch on the rear view mirror was minor and can be polished away (although I think it will leave a permanent mark)

Eventually,
Me: Nie yang saya bengang. You sudah tau yang you tak boleh masuk you masuk jugak. You sudah salah you tak nak mengaku. Nie yang buat saya bengang. Bukan pasal benda lain.
Driver: sorry la encik, lain kali tak buat lagi la
I dunno why, but the more he apologized, the more i get pissed off.
Me: OK la, saya pun tak nak apa apa dari you. You cari makan, i pun cari makan. Kita sama sama orang susah. Tak usah buat susah lagi. Sebab itu saja saya lepas. Bukan pasal you buat salah, tak mengaku. You lain kali nak buat apa, saya pun tak boleh control. Tapi ingat, ini hari kena kecik saja, kalau you terus macam ini, silap hari, you yang kena lagi teruk.

I know, I know. Some of you might say why not let him have it, why let him go, why dun ask him to pay, if I do this then they will continue with their ways. I don’t have a perfect answer for that.

I guess sometimes when you screwed up, you wish that someone would give you a break. probably this is my break for him. I have offered a neutral start to discuss initially (but he did not reciprocate by not admitting) and I have said my piece on why I was pissed and why I let him go. I dunno if he is faking it, but he like kinda like he is having one of those down and out days. I feel that hopefully he will correct himself (if not all, maybe just a bit)

Ironically, today is the day I thought that I’d wanna show off to Anwar (an officemate) the new digital camera I bought. Turns out to be pretty handy.
Photos are still in the camera, so probably you will have to wait until later tonight for me to load the photos as the card reader is at my home pc.

the bas kilang driver got the first scolding from the taxi driver...








see the black line under the letters KER? that's my gift for him this morning.







normal snapshot...








*Actually it was more of me shouting at the other guy.

Labels: