of duckies and froggies...

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 25, 2007

of letter and full term...

Dear Girl Girl,
Today marks the day that you are considered full term. This means that you are now fully developed with all the necessary facilities to enable you to survive in the world outside. You are now a complete little person! Yay!
You are also now sitting very low on mommy’s tummy which is an indication of your pending arrival. Mommy and I have noticed that you tend to sleep on the right side on her tummy. I guess you have found a nice sweet spot there, but guess what, weather you know it or not, you already have already placed yourself in a sweet spot in my heart. I think you also like to sleep on your side and there were a few times that I think I can feel your leg through mommy’s tummy. As always you will give me a treat by moving around to assure me that you are there and is responding to me. And yes, it is the greatest feeling in the world. Sometimes when I felt you move and told mommy, she mentioned that she did not feel it. Probably because of the area when I felt it or probably it was just a little movement. Selfishly, I felt some kind of an unexplainable joy. Not because I was selfish and don’t want mommy to feel you moving, but I think it’s like realizing the fact that that was a moment that is purely just between you and me. I guess probably what people call it as a father and daughter bonding moment.
By now, we have got almost everything that we think will be needed. I am strangely still very calm and so is mommy. I guess that is good so that we do not create any unnecessary stress on ourselves and also to you. Needless to say, we do have our concerns and worries about taking care of you and bringing you up, but I do believe that we will be providing you with the best that we can give (plus a whole bundle of love).
Anyway, here’s a snapshot of the world around us these days.
Johor and in most of the southern part of our country was hit with flood since December last month. Lots of people (in terms of hundred thousands) have been evacuated, but the situation is beginning to get back to normal. The experts say that the floods were due to the changing weather pattern and most probably will be a yearly occurance. I guess we are living in times of change. I do hope and pray that the changes are for the positive and you are now living in an environment that is better that what we are seeing today.
The hot issue these few days is on the case where 2 bloggers who were being sued for allegedly defaming certain people in one of the major newspaper. People are making a big fuss out of that because some people claim that this is an act to stifle the bloggers and other’s freedom of speech. Then there are other camps that claims that they have the right to take legal action when people write things that put them in a bad light. I guess these things will never change and probably will happen in your times too. Probably you will meet people like that in your times too, but I do hope that in whatever you do, be humble and treat everyone with respect. Given that some folks might seem that they do not deserve respect, that doesn’t mean that we still can treat them honorably. Never be nasty to others just because they are nasty.
The popular TV show that people are watching now is a reality show called American Idol. It’s something like a talent search show where people who aspires to be singers will audition in front of 3 judges and get picked. Then they will move into the final where people will vote for them through phone. I think people like to watch the show because the judges (Randy Jackson, Paula Abdul and Simon Cowell) sometimes gives very nasty remarks and comments to the people who went to the auditions. It doesn’t help too that some of the people who went are really bad (borderline delusional). I do wonder if they will still have that show when you are reading this.
I guess this is the world that we are living in now. Flaws and all.

Anyway, I think the next letter to you will be when you have arrived to the outside world. Until then I will be waiting for you with open arms and open heart.

Oh yeah, if I am still around, do come over and give me a hug. I’m a sucker for that you know.

Labels: , ,