of duckies and froggies...

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 18, 2007

of satelite speakers and Harvey Norman...

I had a very good experience with a retail store I bought something from recently.

A few weeks ago I bought these speakers from a home furnishing outlet at the new shopping mall (Queensbay). As reported in one of the earlier posts, one of the satellite speakers decided to go kaput on me a few weeks ago.
Anyway, I took the speakers to the store last weekend for repair and was promptly served by the sales assistants there. Long story short, they took the speakers, filled in a form and told me that they will call me for an update within 14 days. At that point in time, I thought that I will have to be prepared to wait for at least a month. Maybe my experiences with repairing stuff have not been good, but I tend to take a pessimistic view on these things. But to my surprise, I got a call from the store yesterday and was informed that I can collect the speakers today and they gave me the name of the person to talk to. Now this is what I call service. Needless to say, I am impressed. Their response were fast, but most importantly they identify themselves when they speak to you and give directions on who to look for and stuff. That in a way gave me the feeling that they are in charge rather than some other shop (I will probably blog about it later) that put the blame of the repairman etc. So, I guess a pat on the back is due to the guys at Harvey Norman.

Labels: ,