of duckies and froggies...

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 15, 2007

of aquarium and laksa...

this is another backdated post. suppose to post it last night.

If I can give a theme to last weekend, i'd probably called it 'biting off more than I can chew'.
Take 1:
Friday nite. It was about 9 plus pm and I was feeling a bit hungry. Wifey suggested that I go out to enjoy myself with some sup kambing. Sounded like a good idea, so I headed down to kassim mustafa. When I got there, I thought i'll just ta pau instead since I hate enjoying myself without wifey around and i'll miss her (actually I parked illegally and wasn't sure if i'll block someone, but it sounded sweeter that way). Anyway, remembering that the sup kambing comes in relatively small bowls, I went ahead and ordered two bungkus. But when I got them, I thought, 'shoot! If I managed to finish them, my tummy will be as big as (if not bigger than) wifey's!'. The packets are HUGE!!!
Have a look at it, this is only one packet after I poured it out.


Not wanting to waste and always up for a challenge, I went for the second pack after I finished the first. What a mistake it was. As if there is a switch somewhere, the once yummy taste of the sup kambing turned yucky and I had to give up. Needless to say, my tummy felt like an aquarium.

Take 2:
After what seemed like an eternity of not having laksa, wifey and I went out for laksa at the stall behind penang plaza for lunch today. At rm2 for a tiny bowl, it's not cheap. But when it's that good, the brain will have a temporary amnesia of one's wallet. Anyway, me being a slow learner, ordered a second bowl before I barely finished the first (one on top of the fried popiah and cucor udang). Needless to say, I was again a walking aquarium this afternoon. I've only manage to get an 'after' shot.

Sorry, I'm a bit kancheong and lost memory of other tasks when faced with good food. So, no photos of the yummy laksa.

Labels: