of duckies and froggies...

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 08, 2007

of letter and a month to arrival...

Dear girl girl,
It is now about a month to the date of your arrival and I just thought that I’ll write you this letter to tell you about the world that your mommy and I are living in. My hope for you is that by the time you read this letter, you are already well in your way to discovering about the world and the people around you. As parents, we hope that you are happy, healthy and are surrounded by people you love.

For me, it has been an exciting few months of having you around us (although you are in mommy’s tummy all the time). We get excited about shopping for you and by now we think we have pretty much got every thing in place. Instead of looking at shoes when we go out shopping, mommy and I found that we hang around more often at the baby section. We are still as puzzeled as before on what is the right size of clothing for you. We still wait in anticipation for the next doctor’s appointment so that we can see you in the ultra sound scan and our hearts still skipped a beat when we see you. I still get engulfed with awe and amazement whenever I feel you moving when I lay my hand on mommy’s tummy.
It has been a great journey and you have grown really big in mommy’s tummy. Mommy is a real trooper and don’t complain much about carrying you (at least not that audible to me).
Mommy and I are living in a small apartment in the south east part Penang and our plan at this moment is to raise you up here. We have been living here since we got married and this is our first house that we stayed in.
Mahmah and Yehyeh (daddy’s mommy and daddy) live just opposite of our apartment block while Kungkung and Pohpoh lived somewhere at the northern part of Penang. They are also pretty excited and are waiting in anticipation of your arrival. Also, when you arrive, you will have 2 cousin brothers and one cousin sister. Isn’t that exciting?

We have just entered the year 2007 and everybody is excited because it’s going to be the Visit Malaysia Year. (probably they know that you will be coming and are throwing this huge year long celebration). The prime minister of the country is Abdullah Badawi and the Chief Minister in Penang is Koh Tsu Koon (check out his specs).
Newspaper cost RM1.20 per copy (The Star) and the headline news in recent days are about the big flood in the southern part of the country (mainly Johor). They have been getting heavy rain since the end of last year and around 60 thousand people were evacuated from their homes. On the international front, everybody were still fussing about the US war in the middle east. A guy named Sadam Hussien got executed just a few days before the new year and people are still riled about it. In sports, a spunky girl named Nicole David (I am proud to report that she’s a Penangite) is the world champ in Squash. Our foolball team sucks (as usual), and the youngsters these days are more interested in those European league football.

Petrol cost around rm1.92 per liter and this topic always got people in the country mad as it seem to be always increasing. Char koey teow cost around rm2.70 per plate although it is reported that in some places (lorong selamat) are charging people RM5.50 per plate. A loaf of gardenia bread cost rm1.90 and you can easily get a meal at the hawker for around rm3-4 (depends on what you eat la).

I have lost touch with what the teenagers like these days, but I guess their hang out places are shopping malls like Gurney Plaza or Prangin mall. There is also a recently opened mall near our place called Queensbay mall. But mommy and I prefer to go to youth park or botanical gardens to spend our time (mostly Saturday mornings). The music youngsters listen to these days are like Justin Timberlake, Black eye peas and stuff like that. I’m sorry as I am not very updated on that section. Mommy and I listen mostly to the light and easy channel which are mostly old and slow songs. For TV, Mommy likes to watch oprah and mostly the shows in Hallmark channel while I have been hooked on spongebob squarepants and discovery channel. Another thing that is really ‘in’ now are the reality shows. The popular ones these days are the ‘amazing race’ and ‘fear factor’. I wonder if those shows will still be around by the time you read this.

A daily snapshot of mommy and my life is something like this.
Wake up at ~7.10am (for me) / ~6.30am (for mommy) and get ourselves ready.
Usually we’ll leave the house at around 7.30am and mommy will drive me to the office. Normal journey (plus the jams and all that will be ~20 minutes).
After dropping me off, mommy will drive back, buys her breakfast and go home to have it. Then after that it’s off to work for her. Her work starts at 9.00am and her office is only 10 mins drive away. So she can relax and take her time at home.
My work is mainly running projects in the factory while mommy takes care of the accounts in the place where she works.
My day at the office ends at around 5.30pm and mommy’s around 6.00pm. So normally I’ll hang around the office until mommy comes to the office to pick me. Mommy’s boss have been nice and ever since he knows of her pregnancy, he have been flexible with mommy’s time. So for the past couple of months mommy have been picking me up at 5.30pm instead.
Normally after work we will either have dinner at mahmah and yehyeh’s place on Mondays and Tuesdays. Other days, Mommy and I will have our dinner outside.

On weekends, normally mommy and I will either hang around the house. If the weather is good, we will go to the youth park or botanical gardens on Saturday mornings. On Saturday evenings, we will go back to kungkung and pohpoh’s place for dinner.
And of course church on Sunday mornings.

Well basically that’s our dull routine and we think it will definitely be more exciting once you arrived.

I will be writing more letters for you probably when you are born and as you grow, so I hope you will somehow learn a bit about the world that mommy and I are living when you are small.

Oh yeah, after you finished reading this and if I am still around, do come over and give me a hug because I am pretty sure that no matter who, how or what you grow up into, I will always have a special place for your hugs.

Labels: