of duckies and froggies...

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 19, 2007

of emails and roller coaster...

I checked my emails just now and got this update from babycenter:

At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Babies born between 37 and 42 weeks are considered full-term; a baby born before 37 weeks is pre-term and after 42 weeks is post-term.) Most likely she's in a head-down position by now, which is optimal for a smooth delivery, but if she isn't head-down next week, your provider may suggest scheduling an external cephalic version, which is a fancy way of saying she'll try to turn your baby manually, by pushing her from the outside of your belly.

Then the thought dawned on me. Oh my God. We are now heading for the home stretch.
I guess it's like that feeling you get when you are in the roller coaster cab all strapped up and waiting for the operator to turn on the switch to start the ride. Brain tells you that you will most probably come out OK and they will be in capable hands, but heart is beating so fast in anticipation of the events to come.
I know for a fact that we have done the best that we can do and we have made sure that we cover as much angle as we can but i guess it is only human to have that lingering worrisome feeling. I geuss having a little bit od worrying feeling is good, coz it keeps you on your toes. But having said that, i should keep it in check so that it does not overwhelm me which will be detrimental.
Wifey is still pretty cool and collected, which really helps. Only occasionally mention minor worries.
In any case there is no getting out of this ride now, so the all I have to do now it to try to enjoy the ride and do what i can along the way.

Labels: , ,