of duckies and froggies...

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 04, 2007

of dinners and rewards...

Wifey and I just came back from dinner with my parents, my brother's and sister's family. It's a somewhat tradition thingy on my side of the family that the person celebrating his/her birthday will have to buy dinner. I dunno how it started but i guess it't just one of thoise things that came up spontanueously and everyone just followed. Having lulled into this long time ago, i have never really thought much about it, but when i met wifey, she mentioned that it's odd, but in a nice way kind of odd.
Anyway, today it's my turn to buy everyone dinner. We had a simple one at double good, which coincidently was a few doors away from dr tan's clinic. Now that i thought of it, I think it is fair and appropriate for the person celebrating the birthday to buy everyone dinner. Something sort of like a bribereward for putting up with you for another year. But i think most significantly it's appropriate for the children to buy their parents dinner when you put into perspective that a person's birthday is also the day when the person's mother suffers one of the most painful experience she can ever feel => childbirth. SO, yeah, i think it's fair that my mom and dad had second helping of rice just now.

foot note:my brother inadvertently raised the benchmark for me tonight. He tied emily's hair so nicely that wifey have set the same expectation to me...

Labels: