of duckies and froggies...

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 16, 2007

of birth certs and a sourpuss...

Yesterday, after taking wifey to her scheduled appointment with Dr. Tan, I went to register Sue Yi at the IC department thingy. Since it was a Thursday, there were not many people there and everything was a breeze. I even got her birth cert about 10 mins after the registration process. Yay! Sue Yi is now officially a Malaysian citizen! But one thing though, the lady that dispenses the number at the registration department gave me a real run around. When we were in the hospital after delivering, there was a representative at Pantai that helped us fill in the forms for the registration. She mentioned what documents to bring, but no need to make photocopies of them. But when i arrived at the registration department yesterday, the number lady at the counter (the one that dispenses numbers) told me that i need to make copies. Since they just recently moved into a new building and the shop that did the photocopying was still in the old building across the road. Thinking that probably there is a misunderstanding i told her that the person at Pantai told me that there is no need to make copies but this number lady told me that it's new procedure and they will need copies. So downstairs and across the road i went to make the copies. Came back and got my number. There was no one before me so i was served immediately. When the registration was done, i asked if she need the copies. She just smiled and said no. Aiyo, got duped by the number lady. Anyway, after i finished everything, i went to the number lady and told her that actually no need to make copies. Unfortunately, she just stared at me blankly. probably, she's having a bad day because throughout, she had this sour puss face anyway. But it's ok. I got what I wanted - Sue Yi's birth cert. And sourpuss is nothing to me as i can just brush her off my shoulders. Frankly speaking, I do give breaks to people if they make mistake in giving wrong info, but what i can't tolerate is the unwillingness to accept feedback.

Labels: