of duckies and froggies...

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 22, 2007

of digital camera and questions...

I know that probably I should not put this as a blog entry but I can’t help it. I was over at my mom’s place for lunch today and here’s a part of the conversation;
* Background: my mom will be going for a makan angin trip with some of my aunties next month. So my brother borrowed her his digital point and shoot camera to my not-so-tech-inclined mom.

Mom: Ask you something ah..
Me: OK
Mom: If lah, now that the camera can take 500 pictures mah.
Me: ok…
Mom: and if lah, I ah, take already 10 pictures and so there will be 490 pictures left loh. Right?
Me: ya loh
Mom: If ah, I erase 5 picture from the pictures I take already one, how many pictures still in the camera that I can take ah? 490 ah?
Me: *trying to control myself from bursting into a riotous laugh* no lah. If you erase 5 then you will have 495 pictures in the camera to take lo. If you erase one then, means you can have one more to take mah…
Mom: ooooo. So if I take picture 1, picture 2, picture 3 and so on. Then if I erase picture 2, will the photo for picture 2 come out blank ah? Will the camera know that that one I erase already and blank it?
Me: aiyah, no lah. Don’t worry lah, just take lah, the camera will know one lah.
Mom: ooooo ok *curiosity satisfied*

I guess my mom is still thinking in terms of film camera when it comes to take photos. Can’t really blame her but I got to give her credit for thinking of such creative questions.

I wonder if there will come a time I ask a similarly silly question to Sue Yi in the future…. My bet is probably I will….

Labels: