of duckies and froggies...

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

of letters and a month...

Dear Sue Yi,
You are one month old today! Yay!!!! We took you to see Dr Hasanah for the 1 month appointment and you were given a clean bill of health!
Here are some of my observations.
You are drinking at least 3 ounces per feeding but most times it’s more.
In terms of temperament, you are a demanding baby. When you are hungry, you will cry and won’t stop until you get your milk. If milk comes too late you will ‘merajuk’ and don’t want to drink altogether or just drink a bit. Which will then cause discomfort.
Your crying pattern is such that you are like a good plot in a movie or something. You will slowly cringe and make faces and let out small shouts. Then it will slowly build up to short cries and then it will get to full blown crying with your face turning red with uncontrollable crying (Which usually breaks your mommy heart).
When you sleep you can sleep through almost anything. Even with people talking loudly, you will not be bothered. Depending on the situations, you can sleep on a stretch too. But sometimes you seem conscious of your surrounding when you were in light sleep. I can sometimes see your eyes twitch when you hear people talking (especially if it’s mommy or me).
You also seem to be able to get very comfortable in my arms. Except of course when you are hungry, and nothing can calm you down J. Mommy also noticed that you like to sleep with your head on her shoulder with your front against mommy’s chest. We also noticed that you can sleep very well on your stomach or as people say ‘tirap’.
When awake, you like to look and investigate at your surroundings. You will look almost everything and sometimes when something caught your fancy, you will glare at it deeply. Even sometimes when you were sleepy we will notice that you will try to open your eyes to look if you hear something, seems like you are very eager to see the world and what it has to offer.
You like to be talked to. You will quiet down and gets comfortable when you hear people talking to you especially mommy.
As for me, I noticed that I have changed a bit too. I have become more of a melodramatic fool who gets either excited or anxious at the very tiniest of your movement or actions. At times, even the smallest movement of your either your face or your hands or your mouth will stir up emotions in me. I have also notices that I have unconsciously deconstructed my priorities and am slowly reconstructing them again. And you know what is the best thing? I noticed that my priorities are now reconstructed back with you and mommy at the center of it!

Happy Birthday Sue Yi and thank you for helping me find out things about me which I probably did not noticed in the past.

Put those hands to good use, come over for a hug ok?

Love,
daddy

Labels: