of duckies and froggies...

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 18, 2007

of rotation and sleep talking...

I did an OJT (on-the-job) training this weekend. All this while, my role of taking care of Sue Yi have been just limited to the occasional feeding, running around getting stuff for wifey while she care for her and sometimes burping her and putting her to sleep. This weekend I switched beds with wifey and slept in the same room with Sue Yi. Wifey says that it’s part of the training to get prepare me to take care of her when we go on rotation when she goes back to work.
Friday Night. I guess it’s pretty ok. I fed her about 3oz at around 7.30pm and put her to sleep after burping her. She slept all the way through and started to stir at around 10.30pm. Anticipating that she will be wanting milk I went ahead and make 3 oz and waited for her to wake up. After feeding she went back to sleep until the next feeding. She stirred again at around 2.30am but went back to sleep but since it has been more than 4 hours since the last feed, I got her up and fed her. Then she went all the way until morning (~6.30am). And as though she knew that I will have to do the diaper change, she ‘rewarded’ with me a huge pile of creamy mustard looking pile of poo in the morning.
Last night’s was also about the same and I think probably her feeding pattern is around those times. I think probably having a baby in the same room probably will impact a person’s sleeping habit. I am somewhat of a heavy sleeper (depends on the condition). I can sometimes sleep through the ruckus from the illegal racers on the highway, but somehow, I find that with Sue Yi around, I have become a very light sleeper.
Since the past few days, Sue Yi have developed a habit of making sounds while sleeping. Sometimes in the middle of her sleep, she will just moan or make little sounds and then go back to sleep. She was on that after the 2-3am feeding and I keep waking up and checked on her until I just finally gave up and stayed awake and look. Probably she talks in her sleep, but I do wonder who is she talking to in her dreams. Anyway, it’s been a weekend of on the job training, so hopefully I’ll be prepared when we go on rotation.

Labels: ,