of duckies and froggies...

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 09, 2007

of letters and five months...

Dear Sue Yi,
You turned 5 months old last Saturday. I am still amazed by to rate that you are growing up and I suppose will continue to be so. We are also seeing more and more of your character as you grow. You are turning out to be quite an expressive girl. You like to laugh and laugh easily. It doesn’t take much to make you laugh, just a little bit of teasing here and a teasing there and that will set you off. Provided of course, after you had your beauty sleep la. But the part I like most is when you flash your toothless dopey faced smile when you see me in the morning.
We have also been training you to sleep on the bed instead of the cradle and so far it seems to be working for nights, but I guess we will be taking it slowly so that it will not be too much of a drastic change to you. Besides you are also able to roll around on your own now.
Anyway, as much as you can laugh easily, you are also easily agitated will cry at the slightest discomfort. This can be quite testy at times but I guess probably it’s your training to us for your teenage rebellious years…

You are also able to reach out and grab things (to put into your mouth) with your hands. But I guess you still need more training before you can hold them firmly as you always seem to drop them.
You are also able to hold up your head when you lie on your stomach and everytime you looked up, you seem to have that puzzeled look on your face, I guess it takes some time to get used to seeing things from a different view. But one thing that kinda worries me is that when your neck gets tired from lifting your head, you will let go and let your head slam onto the bed. You are not planning to grow up to be one of those head banging musician groupies, are you?

Mommy mentioned that our babysitter asked if we are planning to start you on solids soon. So Off we went to get you a can of cereal. Mommy said to let the babysitter try feeding you, so I guess we’ll just see.

I guess alter all that, the one thing that I want to tell you in this letter is that I got the best gift from you last Saturday. You were just about to wake up and was doing your stretching thingy like you normally do when you wake up. Then you turned to me, I wished you ”Good Morning!” and you gave me the sweetest,most adorable dopey faced smile!

Love
Daddy

Labels: