of duckies and froggies...

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 06, 2006

something to keep us busy...

Now that the fact and excitement of having another new person in our life have sunk in, wifey and I are beginning to go through the motions of getting ourselves ready.
After some discussions with some female colleagues and friends, I opened up an account in babycenter.com. for those not in the know, this is a fantastic site that helps you track your pregnancy. It gives you info of your baby’s growth and discussions on issues with regards to pregnancy. Definitely much better than just thinking that pregnancy is about a growing lump in your wife’s stomach. My only gripe is that it seems to be more catered for female coz the newsletter that I got is something like ” your pregnancy is now so and so weeks and your body is now blab la”. If there is one improvement I think maybe have an alternate account for expectant dads.

We were also starting to look for confinement homes and asking around for confinement ladies. Since baby’s due will be near Chinese New Year, we were naturally a bit concerned about the cost and availability of confinement ladies. An ex-colleague told me that she went to a confinement house and enjoyed the experience as she get to talk to other mothers and on top of that she can focus on resting while someone takes care of the baby. Sounds cool, but we really need to weigh in the pros and cons.

We have also cleaned up the 3rd bedroom and moved all the stuff into the second bedroom to make way for baby. I took a few days off from work to work on the baby’s room. Wifey wanted to have the room painted and since we are not sure baby will be boy or girl yet at this time we decided to go for a neutral color. So baby’s room’s gonna be yellow. Bright and cheerful. At first I was a bit hesitant about the color but I must say that after painted the room and looking at it, I must say that I do hope that baby will inherit the color sense from wifey.

Probably next will be baby’s name…. (but not until we find out it’s it’s gonna be banana or papaya)

Labels: , ,