of duckies and froggies...

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 13, 2006

of decisions and smoking...

Wifey asked me something interesting yesterday. Initially, I don’t find it odd, but that got me thinking into other stuff:
Out of the blue, wifey asked me what will I do if our girl girl smokes when she grows up. My response to wifey was that I will charge girl gril 10 cents (no no, make it RM2) for every ciggie that she smokes. I mean if she choose to destroy her lungs and health, I got to start to save some money just in case she encounters any health problems when she gets older right. Wifey’s response is that she’ss whack her because her mommy didn’t smoke and her daddy also didn’t smoke.
Actually in my opinion, all these things are not really in our control, we can try to influence the outcome, but we can never have full control over it. All we can do is to steer our girl girl in the direction that we think is best for her and pray that she will make the decisions that will be the best for her.

Anyway, the smoking question really got me thinking. Till our girl girl is old and capable enough to make her own decisions, there will be so many decisions that we will have to make on her behalf. Things such as to raise her up as a God fearing person with an iron fist or to let her wonder and find God herself, enroll in a Sekolah Rendah Kebangsaan (SRK) or Sekolah Rendah Jenis Kebangsaan (SRJK), Barney or Sesame Street, Canon or Nikon (or Contax perhaps?), Spongebob Squarepants or Powerpuff Girls.

Decisions, decisions, decisions. I guess like our parents and their parents and other parents everywhere, we can just make the decisions that we think will be the best for our baby.