of duckies and froggies...

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, November 24, 2006

of water quality and photos...

I did a small experiment recently. I thought that i will do a simple experiment to see the water quality that i get from the main water supply. The experiment is quite simple actually. I plan to monitor the color of the water filter on a daily basis and see the color change from day to day.
Our water usage is pretty low. We (Wifey and I) wash our clothes ~2 times a week, shower 3 times a day, plus a bit for drinking and washing and that's probably about it. Filter used is the 5 micron filter.
What i did is to take a picture of the filter after I have put in a new one and capture a photo everyday at approximately the same time. This is the result.



Day 1. Can see a bit of brownish but can still see some white patches (i.e., the clean area)







Day 2. Can see that the brownish is begining to spread evenly.








Day 3. No lah. My filter did not break and spew out all the dirt. I was rushing for the lift in the morning and forgot to take a picture when i was going to work. This shot was taken when i came back in the evening.





Day 4. The brown tint is not getting darker.








Day 5.








Day 6.








Day 7.








Day 8.




Day 9.








I think by day 9 it is the color is pretty consistent and i have stopped the experiment. So i guess it goes without saying that getting one of those external water filters is a must if you do not intend to be a walking filter.