of duckies and froggies...

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 16, 2006

of errands and down right freakiness...

After almost a week of dealing with crap (that’s another story anyway), I decided to take today off from work to run some errands.
I discovered some discrepancy in my BSN account last week and have been meaning to get the transaction printed out to check if there have been any hanky panky. Then there is my dental issue. There are already 2 gaping canyons cavities that are giving me problems. Then there is the astro thing.
Since NBA no longer interest me (except for all star weekend) and F1 will not be the same without schumi (plus the fact that Alonso is too arrogant for wifey’s taste). Then there is the news channel that I figured that I don’t really need anymore since I only watch CNBC and CNN, it really does not justify maintaining the news package.

Anyway, I spent the whole morning going to 3 different banks updating my accounts and get the BSN thingy done. Apparently all the withdrawals tally and were made from all the normal places that I normally do my transactions. So, probably I must have missed tracking one of the withdrawal. Oops!

Then it’s to the dentist in the afternoon, and this is where it starts to get weird. The dentist that I used to go to is the one in Pulau Tikus. Although a bit pricey, they are really good, the dentists there explains everything to you and discuss on the best solution for your dental problem (and I have lots of that). But, the one thing that I really cannot get used to is the appointments scheduling. Their dentists seems to be booked and appointment s usually have to be done nearly a month ahead. It’s not like I can schedule to have a toothache or something but I find that too much for me. So today I thought of trying out another dentist nearer to bayan baru. What a mistake it was.
I should have sensed something at the reception it self when the receptionist greeted me with “what you want to do?” instead of the standard “Hi, have you been here before?” or something like that. To her credit I think she’s just trying to assess what might the treatment be and how much it will cost so that she can check if I have enough credit in my company medical scheme. Oh ya, the medical scheme episode is another thing….
Since there is no other patients there, I got to go into the dentist room thing after the receptionist sorted out everything. This is where the freakiness begins. I was seated on the chair (the dentist thingy again) and wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Then after it seems like a long time, the dentist showed up.
Check out the freakiness:
Dentist just asked me to open my mouth, didn’t say anything else. I tried to gesture to him where my problems are and he went straight to look at them. No comment, no pip, no squeak nothing. Dentist said nothing at all but went strainght to work on the teeth.
And that’s not all, after a bit of blowing and a bit of digging, he filled up the cavity. No drilling no discussing on what he plan to do, nothing. The only few times that he spoke is when he asked me to wash and bite hare and even then the only audible words are “wash” and “bite hard”
When he had done everything he just said “don’t bite into hard food for a while” and walked away. The only indication to me that everything is over is when the nurse gestured me to the door. And all that for rm95. luckily it’s covered by the company. Else….

Oh ya, there is also a faint smell of cigarette on his hands. And he was wearing latex gloves…..

No points for guessing if I will go back to that dentist again.
BTW, anyone know of a good dentist in Penang?



Anyway, i just checked. Already have the sport and news channel cancelled and get to see cartoon network now. that was fast.

Labels: ,