of duckies and froggies...

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 11, 2006

of bonding and t-shirt...

Last Friday, we went for our second session of ante natal class. The first topic was about roles of father in baby bonding and post natal care. The part about roles of father is pretty bland and the speaker seem like she is just reading to the presentation pages. One thing that caught my attention though is that she mentioned that the couple should discuss if the husband would be in the delivery room. She also mentioned that if the husband pass out, then the doctor will have one more patient to focus on. By default, we have subconsciously decided that I’ll be in there when wifey delivers, but then I do get a bit concerned when I think about the prospect of seeing wifey in pain and not to mention if I go through the sight of blood and all that stuff. Should I get a T-shirt with the words “Resuscitate me if I pass out!” printed smack in front of it? The second topic was about the 2nd and 3rd trimester of pregnancy. The speaker was Dr. Tan (Kok Joo as in our gynea). As expected his talk was really lively punctuated with jokes and interesting anecdotes. Best session by far. One key take home message that I got from that session is about how different it is now compared to last time. Another thing that we found out also is about the govt midwives. According to Dr Tan, the midwives will visit the mother after delivery and all this are paid for by the govt. We will need to check this out.