of duckies and froggies...

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 30, 2006

of getting a room and fake accent...

Have you even encountered people that you simply want to tell them to go and get a room?
Well, there is this family (mother + daughters) that stays in my apartment block that in my opinion deserves this comment.
One of the teenage daughters is dating a Caucasian guy (she is Chinese btw). Not that it really matters to me, but everytime she brings the guy back to the house, it will seem that she will get frisky in the elevator. I am not really deliberately singling her out, but it really seem to me that she is the one who will speak in that cinabeng-ish + faux pas English-american slang in the midst of the groping and loud smooching sounds. I think the guy is also pretty conscious of this and in the few incidents, he was like trying to sush her down. I personally have no problem with general display of affection, but sometimes people have to give a little bit of respect to those around them. I guess it’s a fine line between public display of affection and decency.
Anyway, it happened again last Sunday and of all people, I have to share the same elevator with them. Worse, this time, it’s just me and the couple. On cue, the girl started to get frisky the moment the elevator door closed. I tried not to be bothered but the smooching (not to forget the groping) were getting louder and louder. It was as if they were going to get on it in the elevator itself.
As desperate times calls for desperate measures, I did what any self respecting person will do. I took out my phone (it’s a camera phone, btw) and sort of pointed it at them. It was as if both of them had a virtual cold shower and both of them stopped the hoolabaloo right there and then. The only unfortunate thing is that I did not manage to get any shots…