of duckies and froggies...

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

of another pyramid scheme and four things...

I have been what you would essentially called tagged by ponytails. I guess it’s something like the pyramid scheme that I talked about last time with the exception that there is no money involved. For this tag I am supposed to answer questions about four things about me.
Four jobs I have had in my life:
1. Picking cloves – that was wayyyyy back in primary school. One of our neighbor’s relative own a plantation at the hills somewhere in Balik Pulau. During school holidays they would ask us if we want to go up to the hills to pick cloves. The job is relatively easy. Cloves are plucked from the trees when they are about to ripe and people will go up the trees to pluck them. Somewhere along the line, there will be other cloves that fall onto the ground and our job is to go and pick them. Doesn’t earn much though (~20 sens for every milk canful)
2. General worker at jeans factory – During the long break after SPM my mom got me a job in the jeans factory that she was working in. My job is basically as a general worker in the stone wash department and it ranges from flipping the pants outside in to counting and sorting pants. Pays by the day and I guess that’s the first taste of financial freedom that I really felt, but wasted them all on Tamiya.
3. Programmer – During my Third year in varsity I had to do an internship at the factory as part of my curriculum. Mine was spent in one of the hardisk factory and my job/project was to write a program for collecting the data from factory performance and plotting them out. Mind you, this was prior to the magic that you can do with microsoft exel and everything were done in dBase and C programming.
4. Current job- Actually at this point I am not too sure of what is my current job. For the past 2 years I was on a project in the fastory and now that this project is coming into a completion , I will need to look for a new job within the factory. In any case I have been in the same company for 11 years and I have done roles from equipment,process engineering, technical training, e-learning development, subcontractor management. So now, with the closing of the current project I might be going for another role soon.
Four of my favourite foods:
1. Laksa – My current fav is the one in BB café near sunshine square, the coffee shop near bukit jambul kompleks (with optional fishballs) is not bad too.
2. Chicken rice – esp the one opposite of komtar
3. ikea karipaps – everytime I go down to ikea I will definitely get their karipaps
4. anything that is dipped or garnished with kg koh chili sauce
Four Countries I have been to on vacation:
1. Southwest Thailand – During the CNY break in 2006 Wifey and I drove up to Thailand for 9 days as part of a tour group. We used our known car and drove as part of a larger group of cars. Went to the death railway, bridge over river kwai, we even spent 2 nights in chalets on (yes ON) the river kwai, drove all the way to the Myanmar border etc. But the best of all is the food, being olk folks that we are, we are beginning to forget the places that we have visited, but the thing is we still remember the food. Really cool trip but I guess we’ll be grounded for a while now
2. New Zealand – in 2005 wifey and I took a 2 weeks driving tour around the north and south island of New Zealand. Hands down, it is one of the best trip we have taken.
3. Hong Kong – Wifey, my parents and I went for a free and easy trip to Hong Kong a few years ago. Pretty interesting trip but it was kinda rush as it’s only a 4day 3 night thing.
4. US- went on a westcoast trip of cali, vegas and grand canyon with my parents, brother and his wife (at that time his gf). My brother organized the whole trip. We rented a van and drove.
Four places I would rather be right now:
Not I am in the factory waiting for the next meeting to start and the places that I’d rather be are:
1. In bed and watch Sophie as she wakes up.
2. with wifey in that cabin overlooking mt.cook in new Zealand
3. eating authentic thai food somewhere in the Mon village
4. of course anywhere Wifey and Sophie is at right now.
now that I am done, I think I am supposed to name four people to tag. Actually I don’t know who to tag but I kinda like to see what the loctormayat, geekchic and maybe tutiger have to say about those four things. Oops that’s only 3 people right. So if you have an itch to talk about those 4 things why don’t you consider yourself tagged and write.

Labels: