of duckies and froggies...

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

of help and prayers needed...

As this blog is kinda like a journal for Sophie to read when she grows up, I tend to fill it with things that I think she will enjoy. But sometimes I have to make some exceptions and this is one of them. I heard something that saddens me in church last Sunday. My pastor had a son who is about a year plus old. Apparently his brain was infected with some kind of germs that cause it to deteriorate. It has been a few months now since it happened. They even took him to the neurosurgeon in KL for treatment and was warded there for quite sometime. Recently they brought him back to Penang as his condition stabilized. The last update from my Pastor is that his son have to re learn to all the basic skills all over again due to the damage to his brain. And we thought that he was back on his way to recovery.
Then came the latest news, Pastor gave us some updates. His son’s fits seem to have came back. He also shared that he and his wife took his son to see another doctor for a second opinion. According to the him, the doctor told his wife something to the effect of whatever his son wants to do, do it for him or whatever his son wants to eat give it to him. In short something like try to make him happier. Doctor said that the brain damage is very severe and there is little chance.
I felt so sad when I heard it. Somehow the feeling of hopelessness seems to bug me. My pastor cried halfway through his sharing but somehow I can sense his strength. Even through all that had happened he still was able to serve in church and taking care of everything. Most of all he still praise God after all that had happened to him.
So I only have one favour to ask if you have the time. Do pray for my pastor and his son. His son’s name is Isaac. If you are not a praying kind of person, but felt touched by this, do think of them and wish them well in your own ways.

Labels: