of duckies and froggies...

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

of letters and six months...

Dear Sophie,
Today you turn six month old, halfway mark to 1 year. It’s hard to believe that it has been six months now since you came into our lives. I have seen you grown day to day and have really attached to you. Sometimes I do wonder how we had ever gone by without you.
This evening when mommy brought you back from the baby sitter, you were wearing one of your older and smaller pants. They seem to fit so tight as if you were wearing tights. It’s a wonder that merely four to five months ago, mommy and I were talking about how all your clothes seemed to be so loose fitting because they were hand me downs or bought at a size too big. And now you have started to outgrowm your clothes.
You are still the naughty little girl who refuse to drink your milk and cries in the evening. I guess that’s just your temperament, that when you want something (or don’t want something) you make it crystal clear. At times you do test our patience but I know that you are just trying to be yourself so I guess I’ll let it slide.
Your hands and feet are more coordinated now and you are able to reach out and grad things that caught your interest. To our relief too is that you are able to hold up your head when you lie on your stomach instead of slamming your head down.
You are a curious girl and like to explore things around you. Anything that you can get hold of, you will put it in your mouth and for those that you are not able to pull close enough to your mouth, your tongue will reach out to taste. Your current favorites are your fingers and toes. Occarionally you do get mommy’s thumb but that is only when you are fast enough.
We are also beginning to see more of your traits. One thing for sure id that you like to talk. You talk when you drink your milk, you talk when you eat your cereal, you talk when you are lying in bed, you talk when you are eating your fingers, you talk when you play with your toys and sometimes you also talk when you are doing nothing. So I guess it goes without saying that you will be a very talkative person which will be cool because I guess we will spend quality time talking instead of wasting money on buying video games.
But what I really wanna say is that these six months have been the most fulfilling time of my life and I look forward for more or it.

Love
daddy

Labels: