of duckies and froggies...

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 06, 2006

of a developing fart and a magical moment...

Date 5 Oct

For some time, I have been trying to feel baby’s movement in wifey’s tummy. Sometimes while watching TV during the evening, I would put my palm on wifey’s tummy to see if I can feel anything, but so far no result. There are also times when I will cup my ear on her tummy hoping to hear something but all I hear is gurgling sound. Wifey said those sounds could be either baby moving around or just wifey’s stomach digesting food and building up a big stinking fart.
Today after dinner at my parent’s place, wifey told me that she is beginning to feel baby moving, throughout the day especially in the afternoon. I commented that probably this is a good sign as it indicated that baby will be active in the morning and hopefully will sleep soundly at night. And with a little bit of luck, hopefully baby will follow the same routine when she comes out.
This evening, while watching TV, I tried to cup my ears on wifey’s tummy and try to see if I can hear baby’s movement. Nothing. Just some faint gurgling… another big fart forming? I decided to call it a day and went over to the pc to do a bit of surfing.
But suddenly, wifey called me over to the sofa and asked me to put my palm over her tummy. She said that she felt something, but just as if on cue, everything stopped. Probably baby is playing hard to get with me. Feeling a tad disappointed, I slithered back to the comfort of my websurfing. Seeing my disappointment, wifey came over and sat next to me and put my hand on her tummy so that the next time she feel a movement, I will be able to feel it immediately.
And then it happened, at first I didn’t know it that was it, it felt like a small vibration on the surface of the skin. Then after a while I felt it again and wifey confirmed that it was indeed a small movement on the same spot. I am not sure how to describe it. It just felt like a warm fuzzy feeling that engulf you for the moment. It’s like a mixture of amazement and awe. On one hand, the logical side of me felt the amazement of feeling another independent living being in wifey’s body. The emotional side of me felt a huge sense of awe at this very first moment that I have physical contact with my daughter…

Labels: ,