of duckies and froggies...

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 26, 2007

of the 'Sleepies' and dentist...

In a very rare turn of fortune, Sue Yi was behaving exceptionally well last Saturday. So we thought that we would take her to the shopping mall today. As usual, our little girl immediately got herself busy looking at everything and ooh'ing and aah'ing all over. Any self respecting baby will know that ooh'ing and aah'ing burns a lot of calories. Soon enough , our little girl was getting cranky and started to cry. Some milk got her to calm down a bit, (enough to get me and wifey through some one handed lunch) but she started again and wanted to be carried.

It seems that little girl was sleepy but the diva in her would not let herself fall asleep and drooling in public. So little girl put up a good fight with the 'Sleepies'.


But fight as she might, she eventually gave in after putting up a heroic battle, the little girl finally tuck her cace to my armpits and fell asleep.


I think there's something special about a baby sleeping in your arms (especially if the baby is yours - duh!). I mean I have patted Sue Yi to sleep on many occasions before but somehow this time it is different. Dunno why.


I am not sure if it's the releive of escaping the public humiliation of not able to handle a crying baby or just the sweet sweet look of Sue Yi sleeping in my arms, but it does really feel good. Really good.

Her face looks so peaceful. The rythmic breathing. The slight movement of her body trying to adjust to a more comfortable position.

Somebody just get me a dentist! She's just so sweet she's giving me a toothache.

Labels: